Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Zetec manifolds

John Gaines

Does anyone out there have experience of the different inlet manifolds available for throttle bodies in terms of cost, quality of fit and size from face to face. Burtons have a Zetec manifold that is 90mm face to face, has anyone fitted one of these? How far did the filters sit out of the bonnet?

John

I think you will find that most of the manifolds are cast by the same company and are pretty much the same. I use an injection setup bought from Scholar Engines which included everything for about £1300 inc VAT

Filter length I don't know cos I have a Westfie1d

The car in front is a Westfie1d wink.gif

John,

I have a carb set up but understand that there are two length of inlet manifold - long and short, I have managed to fit the long one (just, and have to remove the forward air filter to remove the bonet) - I bought it cheap from someone who was fed-up at having to do this - it is tight.

However, from a performance point of view the long manifold is superior.

I imagine TBs are shorter than carbs?

Should you wish I can measure the manifold I have.

regards,

allen

I have the inlet manifold from Raceline. Not sure if it is bespoke or not but from memory it is 60mm face to face and is nice and short, although I have yet to get to the stage of re-fitting the bonnet. I am runing DCOE's also.... call them on 01483 811978 for any extra info and what they run their TB on.

Phil Waters

Zetec is in and running wink.gif