Click here if you are having website access problems ×

track day noise test R300

robn

Evening

Anybody got any experienc of getting a standard (complete with cat), roller barrell throttle body R300 through noise tests at 105db and 98db? I don't want to commit my hard earned to a track day and fail on noise so any advice is welcome.

thanks in advance

Rob

Planning a trip to Goodwood 😬.

Agree with Peter. 98 unlikely, 105 should be fine.

Best thing is to get down to the track on a day when there's a trackday on and ask the marshalls to noise test your car. No charge.

Steve.

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

Mine (similarly set up) was tested at Croft 2 weeks ago by the circuit and a static test at 4,500rpm gave a reading of 98.5db.

I was also tested a year ago by a mate - on drive by on the finishing straight at Croft going flat out at 102db.

I haven't had a problem at Oulton Park (tested static) but I can'ttell you what the reading is.

My exhaust can is showing some browning which probably means it could do with repacking (3 years old, 14K miles, 14 trackdays).

My R300 has, in the past, got through on 98dB static tests at trackdays . A couple of weeks ago she measure 98.2dB at Abingdon airfield, it was a damp morning (I believe the weather can effect the readings). Similar to Tiff my car is 3/4 years old now, 10k miles, and countless trackdays.