Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Data loggers

GasMan

Without wishing to sound nerdy, I find reviewing the data of a track day or sprint very interesting. I have also added engine oil and temp to the spare channels.

You certainly see lots of them in cars in the paddocks these days.

Good value for money? Your money, your choice.

Large viperblue/yellow 1.6 S/S

I had nothing but problems with my DL90.

Largely getting the computer to recognise the logger via the com ports. USB is far easier.

Second and why I gave up on the thing was the accuracy. Completely inconsistent mapping.

Have a look at the AIM XGLog Gold/Plus - magic and the software is easy! Similar Money also.

Thanks guys but I am not much the wiser? I predominantly want to see how I am doing at track days rather than compare to another car driver. I looked at the AIM XGLog Gold/Plus but it looked more than I needed. *confused*

Matthew

I have used the DL1 extensively on the Caterham and my VW GTI race car and it is superbly accurate. It usually is within 100th of a second of the official timekeepers at the track I race at. I used it to log my Air Fuel Ratio as well from my Innovate LC1 wideband 02 controller.

The DL1 is more accurate than the DL90, due to its higher sampling rate.

On the GTI I have it displaying lap times permanently on the Dash 1 display unit. It can be a little fiddly getting the sector times just right, but once you work out the logic it again works well.

I use the same DL1 unit on both cars, as it takes minutes to swap (velcro mount) over as I have a gps aerial installed on both cars.

You can actually get useful data with no other wires connected, except the aerial and a positive and negative power feed. Of course you can then add anything else, I just have a rpm and oil pressure feed.

Duratec SV, built in Dubai *cool*