Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R400K - Trackday noise limits

Blackmamba

Hello, happy new year

I have a 2003 R400 which is standard apart from the cat by-pass / exhaust. I've just booked a few trackdays with the club at Castle Coombe (100 dba static), Anglesey (no noise limit?) and Donington (98 dba drive by). Any idea what I should expect my car to register static and drive by? I am assuming I will need to quieten the car down and am thinking of options:

1. Adding a db killer / bolt on device to the end of the exhaust? Are these effective and will it drag on the floor during cornering?

2. Repack the existing exhaust?

3. Replace with a Raceco exhaust (or alternative).

I think the current set up is also non MoT compliant so if I am changing it, would be good to fit something that covers that.

Any suggestions or experience would be appreciated. Sorry if this has been covered before (I thought I asked) but I searched and didn't find anything.

Thanks

Well, how I found that one (because you said you started the thread) was click on your user name to bring up your profile and then clicked on "forum posts".  I then looked down the list until I found it (on page 2)

JK will be better at explaining proper searches than me

I fitted a Raceco exhaust and a Riviera airbox to my R300 K with RTB after I had the 200+ bhp conversion done by DVA. Actually is too quite now lol. I think I might to put back my normal air filter and use the Riviera box when go to the track. Is a bit of a job though keep changing it over! 

If my old Goodfabs exhaust is still available, here

https://www.caterhamlotus7.club/forum/sale/sale-k-series-goodfabs-silencer-and-cat-bypass

This could be an option - I think it should fit on to an R400 as well as an R300.  The exhaust contains a cat and can be repacked.  I am not sure what the noise level will be, but it was definitely quieter than the old standard exhaust with cat bypass.