Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicatrors or lack of them

Alan and Daisy

Went for a blat on Saturday and just as I was turning into my road I noticed that the flashers were not working, checked the fuse that's OK so I assume it is the flasher unit, is this a standard unit that can be bought from Halfords etc, I have taken it out and it looks std so best if I take it with me perhaps. Or is it something else, any suggestions.

Alan *confused*

Mature enthusiast Black with Silver stripe 1.8K super sport.

Alan and Daisy

1. Do your hazards work? If they do then the fault is NOT the flasher unit as the hazards use the same unit.

2. It is then most likely to be a sticking or faulty hazard switch which has a corroded indicator terminal. Switch the hazards on and off a dozen times or so and that should clear any corrosion on the contacts.

3. If this doesn't cure it, then suspect your indicator switch. Check that the centre contact wire is OK on the back of the indicator switch. Do you get 12v on the centre terminal when you switch on the indicators? (you should).

4. If the hazards don't work either, then the flasher unit IS looking like the probable culprit OR the hazard switch is kaput.

Chris

2003 1.8K SV 140hp see it here