Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Silly question regarding battery conditioners.

Pete

My Draper does it's job well with the battery connected.

I connect mine to a socket under the steering column, so difficult to forget to disconnect when you climb in, but let's just say it's easy to push the car out of the garage without disconnecting it 😳

Twice 😳

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 8000 miles completed!

I thought my Draper Conditioner did its job untill today. ☹️ It was to be the big moment........Emerald, jenveys and 285H cams fitted, LSD just installed.........press big red starter button....engine turns 3 times and starter dies. *mad*

The car is 2 years old this week and there is no visible electrolite in the 'maintenance free' battery. I can only assume that this is caused by persistant use of the Draper unit.

I assume the battery is now 'goosed' unless someone can cheer me up with some alternative optimistic outcome. 🤔

Dave H.

Mad about S77ENS

Dave,

Bad luck. This has happened to others on Blatchat and your battery might be, as you put it, goosed. It may depend on how long your battery has been connected to the Draper unit while it's been "electrolyte-less". You might want to try topping (filling?) up the cells and trying to charge the battery, or connect it to the conditioner until optimum charge is achieved (fingers crossed).

This is why some people have discarded their Drapers and bought Optimates; I've used my Draper for about fifteen months now and I think the rule to follow with these is that you need to check your electrolyte every couple of weeks and top up as necessary.

Stelios the Bubble *confused*

Click here for my Caterham 7 page or here for some photos

I had exactly the same problem last year, thats why my Draper is now residing in the bin and an optimate is in its place, no loss of fluid despite paranioid checking over the winter!

Dave Jackson

British Racing Green and Yellow Nose The only way to low fly 😬