Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Timing Strut

mike ashurst

I´d be very interested too in the dimensions of that thing, I´d like to do some in carbon-fibre. I know it´s silly but then we are all insane, aren´t we ?teeth.gif At least that´s what my girl-friend keeps telling me...

Or does the strut HAVE to be metal-based for the light barrier ?

Marius

The dimensions are in the RAC Blue book as I recall, and I do not have my strut to hand, in my office, to measure for you.

Any material will suffice altho' it is meant to be black in colour.

I have seen a wide variety of materials used but personally made mine from a the plastic used for 'house-for-sale' signs, bolted to some aluminium angle which fastens to the grill. The plastic strut was then covered in black tank tape. Sounds a bit 'Heath Robinson' but still looks presentable after six years and does the job.

I'm sure there are dimensions on this site somewhere, either under Competition/Sprinting advice, or failing that on Alex's site, somewhere.

Andrew

Now I've got my blue book...

The strut must be matt black in colour and measure 254mm by 51mm. The bottom of the strut shall be no more than 200mm from the floor and the top no less than 454mm from the ground. No other part of the car may interupt these dimensions or activate the timing beam.

Hope this helps.....quite straight forward to make up a strut to fit a Seven.

Andrew

Edited by - andrew russell on 10 Jan 2002 20:14:07