Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Good Value Dial Gauges

AdamQ

I bought mine from there. Piccies of them in use on Delbert's machine here

They are fine. I miss having a rotating from face to mark the zero point - you get two little arrows that can be moved around the edge of the bezel instead.

I made the brackets using Oily's template.

ISTR I also ordered the digital vernier calipers from them - around £15? Cheaper than MM etc.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

These look to be the same ones I bought a couple of years back for exactly the same task. I got imperial and metric. You can screw of the tip and extend by using a bit of mig wire to reach the follower, have fun.

Phil S7SVN

Myles, you've prompted a couple of questions (I'm afraid):

1. I think I read somewhere that Oily's template for the mounts is available on his site, but I can't seem to find it - is my recollection of what I read wrong?

2. You mention in the description (very handy BTW) on your site a cam-locking tool - is this a specific tool or is it just any old thing that will do the job (e.g. a couple of wooden wedges or something along those lines (shock, horror!))?

Adam

Adam,

I asked Oily to send me a copy of the template - I think he's happy enough for it to be freely available, but you'd better ask. It might be on his site, but I wouldn't know where.

The camlocking tool is made by Draper - it is a specific item for the k-series (but they also do Vx versions etc., so get the right one).

Here's a link to one supplier here

I paid something piffling like £3 for mine from a local motorfactor and they can usually be found on e-bay as new buy-it-now items for around that figure.

I *think* I once saw one in Halfords (my local one has a small Draper section - general tools such as hacksaws and so on). Can't say I recall seeing one recently.

Edited by - Myles on 27 Jan 2006 17:07:35

OK, I've hosted it here

The Word doc is too big for me to host easily - it has the potential to burn through my bandwidth and cost me a packet. I've turned the document into web pages instead.

If anyone wants the original doc, I can mail it to you.

Enjoy - and thanks Dave.

Many thanks to Dave and Myles - all this help is gratefully received.

If the car was a quick as you chaps are at getting things done, I wouldn't have been asking these questions in the first place

Adam

Edited by - AdamQ on 27 Jan 2006 19:49:59

Adam - thanks. Bleedin' Frontpage is pratting about again then.

It does this sometimes when I tell it to thumbnail the images - the workaround is to save the page with the images full-size, then go back and thumbnail them.

I'll sort it shortly... *thumbup*