Click here if you are having website access problems ×

When will the 2006 calendar be published?

CHip

Title says it all really. I'm thinking about doing some club sprints next year and was wondering when you expect the provisional calendar to be published.

-----------------------------------

Car arrives - 06/11/05

Se7en spotting until then here

I'm working on the Calendar as we speak but as 9 of our rounds are where we are invited by other clubs I am still waiting on confirmation of these dates (this is nothing unusual). Rest assured that I will publish the dates at the earliest opportunity.

Look forward to seeing you at an event in 2006.

I am working on having 13 rounds with hopefully four new venues *thumbup*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

*eek* Erm, it appears my schedule for next year has filled up and I won't have chance to do the sprints *smile*

Sorry for being a bit obtuse, but apart from the hillclimbs (Gurston Down, Harewood etc) are all the other venues racing circuits?

-----------------------------------

Car arrives - 06/11/05

Se7en spotting until then here

Last season saw a mix of hills and sprint venues.

None of the sprints were held at "race circuits" as these are very often expensive to hire. The sprints we attended were at Curborough, Llandow, Aintree, Longcross, Mira ....dont think there were any otehrs ?

If your worried about run off then dont do Longcross or wiscombe 😬

I still recall thinking ( as I turned in in 4th at about 100mph sideways) just how dense the pine trees were just 3 foot from the side of the track *tongue* *eek*

• Area Representative
dont think there were any otehrs

Elvington - though those that didn't do that one did not miss much Too many cones by far (but i didn't hit a single one - I can't have been trying hard enough *wink*)

I don't think we'll go back again

CHip - It depends what the club gets invited to or what the members pursue on behalf of the club . CHip - if you are able to make contact with the organising club of a sprint at Stowe circuit and get the club an invitation , I'm sure Mark would consider it for next year *thumbup* *thumbup*

CHip,

The bedrock of the 2006 calendar will inevitably be the club organised sprints - the ones we normally have at Curborough (2), MIRA, Llandow. After that there have been several invited events over the last couple of seasons or so that have proved very popular with competitors - so if reinvited it is likely we will pursue those - and drop any really unpopular events - I didn't go but I believe Elvington from 2005 falls into that category. Then to add sparkle and interest there will be some new venues - securing these invitations usually take lots of time and effort as we are dealing with clubs that don't know us. So look under the Regs page on competitors Korner and see the regs for 2003, 2004 and 2005. You will be able to glean a lot of the 2006 calendar just be simply looking at these and seeing how the championship has developed over the last 3 years. Wherever we go you will enjoy it!

As to Silverstone Stowe, I have been to sprints there organised by the late Ian Bax of BARC SE. I think they still organise sprints there.The circuit is great but there are lots of delays as the day is shared with Silverstone Driving School practise/races. Scammonden Dam (alongside Pestalozzi in Sussex) was voted the worst venue when I did the Caterham Scholarship in 1998. Tiny paddock, tiny start area with Yorkshire Water mud everywhere. Beautiful views of the M62! I hope its improved. Oh and the signage was so bad some competitors fried their towcar clutches getting there after missing a key turn!! Definitely one to give a miss - we definitely won't be going there!

Brian