Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FIA Bar and petty strut Live axle / early DeDion never fitted

rj

As subject says

One FIA bar with petty strut - for live axle or early DeDion car .

Has never been fitted.

Will be able to bring it to England by the end of next week (around the 28-29th) and deliver in reasonable distance of London. Will arrive at Folkestone, stay in London and have to go a bit in west-ish direction at some point.

Could also drop it off in Germany - Belgium - The Netherlands or Fance if on my route. I'll be driving from Denmark *thumbdown* - as usual

Looking for 150£

Would also be interested in PX for a later DeDion FIA bar.

Edited to say:

Have lost track: It is not next week,but the week after...

/regin

Edited by - rj on 14 Oct 2005 22:48:30

RJ - I am confused by your description i.e. 'for live axel or early DeDion car'. I thought they were different in location design.

I am looking for an FIAI bar for my car which is a Long cockpit DeDion 1988 / 1989. I can't be specific about the year as it is kit built on a 'Q' plate.

The chaassis is KLD 1127R which I guess stands for kit / long cockpit / DeDion. The rear suspention mounts protude through the top of the suspension turrets. Will the FIA Bar you have fit ?

Location Brentwood near M25

Richard K

Richard,

I'm fairly sure it'll fit, but I'll give our friends at CC a call to ensure I'm not mistaken.

The long cockpit live axle car definately has the suspension through the FIA bar. - I'll get back to you hopefully later today.

/regin

Richard,

They ought to be the same, but I can take some photos tonight and play with a tape measure.

When you say Brentwood near M25 I suppose it's the Brentwood just off A12 as well?

If so definately not a problem bringing it. I'm staying in Hackney and will have to visit Dartford and so on. In other words will I be doing "tour de M25"

/regin

Edited by - RJ on 12 Oct 2005 09:47:25

RJ - Have sent you email with home tel no. for when you are in UK

YES just off the A12 /M25 so meeting should not be a problem.

Just need to clear purchase with 'her who holds the purse strings' *eek*

Contact you soon Richard

Edit - Good to speak to you - Just off to find a tape measure !!!

RJ I'm interested, please can you send me details via blatmail. Mine is an 1989 dedion long cockpit so I think it will fit. I'm in South Wales 30 miles from Bristol - how far west are you travelling?

Strongy, pratting about on Blatchat when I should either be working or getting ready to go home *wink*

Strongy, As Regin said I was unable to sort out my finances so I had to pass. Not because it dosoen't fit.

From what I have been able to gather the bar should fit your car as mine is also an 89 DeDion and providing the rear suspention struts protrude through you should be OK.

Regin - Sorry I had to let this one go. I hope you complete on the sale.

Richard

RJ . I have just measured.

Footprint on sketch 2 is fine but are you absolutely sure of the dimension between the front supports on sketch 1, or is there a possibility that you have taken this measurement from different holes rather than the ones indicated?

Hope this make sense. Cheers

Strongy, pratting about on Blatchat when I should either be working or getting ready to go home *wink*

Strongy,

It's an eye thing. The distance is 660mm - Not 770! I know how I've made the mistake, but won't bother tryint to explain why I'm dumb!

Strictly spoken has Martin Allen beaten you by half an hour - both Friday and today, hence would I feel I have to give him 1st dibs.

/regin

Strongy,

As I said, I feel I have to give 1st dibs to Martin as his email came in before your reply. I'll meet him when I hit the English shores. Could you email me your telephone offline so that I can call you should he back out when I'm in England?

/r