Click here if you are having website access problems ×

More SVA questions ..

Red SLR

Thats right they flash it with the new s/w for the "streetdash" and you get odo + fuel - which the race does not have.

I was wondering if this was ok for SVA as it would not be displayed all the time?

But sounds like it is. *thumbup*

LeMans 2005 pics here

FREE SEVEN CHAThere

A little off the subject but when I had my car SVA’d at Chadderton the inspector refused to except the “Stack” as means of speed measurement, he insisted documentation was produced to authenticate its accuracy

Caterham had to go back to Stack for a letter stating such before it past, which I still have

PS, Incidentally it stated it’s accuracy was +/- 0.5%

Edited by - Bafty Crastard on 10 Aug 2005 09:02:53

Hi Simon -

Thats right they flash it with the new s/w for the "streetdash" and you get odo + fuel - which the race does not have.

I was wondering if this was ok for SVA as it would not be displayed all the time?

I've got an ex-race car that has presumably been SVA'd. My Stack dash does display the odometer and the amount of fuel on the first "screen" for the Stack display, which is the one displayed the first time you switch the ignition on.

AFAIK, the odo/fuel would only not be displayed if you had cycled to the next "display".

Cheers,

Den

http://www.dens7.co.uk

Trevor

The SVA speedo test is usually/can be carried out on a “rolling road” as you say, the rear wheels rotate the rollers and the accuracy of the speedo can be verified

As the stack takes it signal from a front wheel sensor, how are the front wheels going to rotate the rollers *confused*

Edited by - Bafty Crastard on 11 Aug 2005 08:30:45

The test on both occasions I've had the pleasure of putting a car through SVA consisted of the SVA driving along and thinking "that's about 30mph", looking down and seeing what the speedo read - if was on or slightly over 30 . . . all okay.

I hadn't seen them check it, so asked . . .

Bri