Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Storing Jack in engine bay

Ian B

Can anyone see any problems with this?

I'm looking at securely fixing it in front of the heater.

I know it will get a bit warm but there is only a plastic bush on one end of it and I'm pretty sure that that won't be affected.

Any thoughts?

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 now repainted to match the Autocom headsets 😳

I was considering doing this as well. Seems a good place to put it, not least if you are touring with a fully loaded car, as it means you can get to it easily should you need to without dragging everything out of the boot.

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

• Area Representative

Put my jack up front on top of chassis running above and parallel to bottom hose. Held to chassis with bunbee straps. Also manage to carry spare alternator belt and and a few other bits and pieces in the bag with the jack. Space in front of heater is then free for a toolbox.

Paul Richards

Joint AO - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

That was my initial thought Paul.

Did you use an 'off-the-shelf' box (where from?) or did you fabricate something?

Good idea for the toe straps Foxy, I was going to drill a couple of M5 holes in the base plate of the jack with Nutserts in the plate that it sits on.

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 now repainted to match the Autocom headsets 😳

• Area Representative

Jack kept in the standard supplied bag.

Tool box comprises a plastic (waterproof) sandwich type box which fits into an open top box fabricated from aluminium sheet and held to scuttle with self tappers. This can be achieved on my K series car by routing cables across front of scuttle rather than on top.

Paul Richards

Joint AO - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional