Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pictures of the remote oil pressure sender kit from CC

jackb_ms

No pics but you need to change the oil filter head, connect the steel braided hose to the new oil filter head (gasket is a b*gger, I left the old one on), connect to the tee piece and then screw in the pressure switch and pressure sender, connect up the wires, fit a lamp (not supplied in CC kit) on your dash, connect up. Refill oil and bob's your aunties live-in lover.

Instruction fm CC were:

The two ends opposite each other in the 3 way union are threaded to 1/8 NPT and take the sender and the bung both with PTFE tape.

The other takes the male end of the hose with a locknut to prevent it from working loose

The banjo end of the hose attaches to the the top of the filter housing with the banjo bolt and two copper washers. The larger of the washers nearest the head of the bolt.

I dispensed with the PTFE tape since I couldn't get the threads to bite with it on.

Also you'll need to drill a hole & bolt the tee piece somewhere, or cable-tie it to the chassis upright as I did.

The filter head is a sod to get off - 4 bolts, 3 of which are accessible...

good luck!

Martin

Roadsports B

If everything's under control you're going too slow (Emmerson Fittipaldi)

Its just I had a VDO one and needed to make it remote, it use to screw straight into the top of the oil filter housing but due to engine upgrade (VVC-you may remember me asking you lots of q's a short time ago...you offered to bring yours over to help me with wiring but I got it running before needing it) and it fouling the alternator, all I did was buy a flexible brake hose (as its the same thread...clio from memorey but the guy said it was a very general size and the clio bit meant the length basically-cost a fiver *thumbup*) and put a big tie wrap around it onto the starter motor. looks really neat and gets it out the way of everything. You could solid mount it but I left it where it is for eassy removal if I ned to.

Just a thought...then again I don't know what the CC ones are like/difference

I used a flexible brake hose, that way the unions are ready and just made sure it was a male-female and long enough for what I needed. I just took the sender and put it into a couple of hoses to get the right thread then chose the length. It cost a fiver...CC wanted about 50!

Good luck!

Cafco (or motor parts direct as they are now called)...they let me into their store to route around (they couldn't be bothered to look for me) but it only took 5 minutes as it was a standard size thread. Easy! The one thing that would have looked a little nicer would have been a braided hose but they didn't stock any. Only had the ones with a wound spring around it but it looked naff.

The car was built in 1996-97, with a CC dry sump.

I'll have a look at Kev's idea when I have the new oil pressure sender unit.

Dave do you know the one I need if I have a nut witch fit a 16mm spanner (M10 from my book)

Cheers

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

I have just fitted a low oil pressure warning light to my 1.8k with appolo tank.

The existing sender thread is m12*1.5 pitch which is not common for banjo fittings.(the best fitting to allow flexibility in pipe routing)

A 'Goodridge stockist obtained the fitting connected to a length of braided brake pipe which then connected to a 1/8"bsp 'T' for the two senders.

It was so easy to fit I did not even drain the oil and only lost a tablespoon full!

PS.cut the banjo bolt so that only 12mm of thread projects or you will obscure the oil feed.

Dave H.

Mad about S77ENS