Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tacho signal on emerald

Dave McCulloch

Sorry for all the posts, but the problems are all coming to light...

Do I need to "enable" the tacho output on the emerald somewhere? I ran the old engine (on old wiring loom) with the emerald briefly, and the tacho worked - but that simply fed the ignition coil wire to the tacho, as it had a distributor. The new engine is wasted spark, and hence I ran pin 12 from the emerald to the tacho wire in the engine to car loom connector. I've checked this wire with a multimeter and it's fine.

The other possibility is I disturbed the connector on the back of the tacho when I was messing with the wiring behind the dash...

Dave

Not as far as I'm aware.

In the Events tab, there is an option for the 'tacho driver' - but ISTR this turns the tacho telltale on or off (the needle races to the max RPM recorded on power-up)...

...you *probably* don't want this though - there's a bug in the SW that can lead to a totally erratic (and intermittent) tacho needle during normal usage - I thought I had a loose connection as the needle would dance randomly - but someone said that Karl had suggested turning the telltale off - and low and behold, it worked!

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com