Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New tyres and upcoming track day- advice please

Jan T

I gather I should not go on track next week (Cadwell Tuesday) on brand new tyres (CR500's). What should I do to break them in? I will be driving 150 miles or so to the circuit. I have a tyre rack and spare wheels/tyres etc so I have some options etc. Would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Jan

Edited by - Jan T on 28 Apr 2005 22:32:12

Jan T,

You could lend them to me and i'd be happy to break them in for you 😬

However as mav says it really isn't a problem. If I was you I would take it slighly easier on your first session and look to load them up progressively and avoid sliding around too much. After that just have fun 😬

MikeW

Mega Grad Race No 22

Hi Martin

Can't remember may have dreamt it I suppose....you know me!

I was going to use my worn CR500's but the weather forecast is looking wet so thought I had better take tyres with good tread.

Haven't had time to fit my RIF aeroscreen yet *thumbdown* and may call on you for some technical input.

Cheers

Jan

• Support Team

Jan - When tyres come out of the mould they have the remains of the release agent on them. This can make them a bit slippy for the first 100 miles or so. Your 150 mile drive should get rid of the release agent and if it doesn't a couple of laps of the circuit should finish the job. Just take it easy for the first few laps until you are happy with the grip from the tyres.

Yellow SL *cool* #32