Click here if you are having website access problems ×

longcross record

robmar

2003, when it was dry. 2004 it was wet, and 2002 I don't have.

1st Steve Broughton, SBD Westfield, 1m 52.33s

2nd Gino Cuomo, Dax, 1m 53.51s

3rd Alan Hockham, Caterham, 2m 0.32s

worth noting that Alan's Caterham is an elderly Crossflow on list 1A tyres!

The course was slightly changed at the chicane this year howver.

Jonathan

Yes, the changes at the hairpin made for a slower course this year. I reckoned it was taking over a second extra through there - tho admittedly I was being very wary of that railing on the outside.

Alan Hockham's record for the old class 7 (under 1700cc, 1a tyres, no aeroscreen allowed) came as a bit of a shock even to him! Though he did say that he landed about 20 feet from the bottom of the jump and only just made the corner 😳 He's also been to Longcross many times before. So any folks in L7C classes 1 and 2 who didn't get near that on their first visit shouldn't feel too bad!

R

Me too, but I managed to go slightly quicker than in 2003 with a car that is pretty much unchanged. The hairpin certainly seemed tighter this time. Suspect the chicane on the back straight before the finish may have been a little faster. Whatever it was a stunning result for the Caterhams with the fist five places, and Westies in sixth to eighth.

Jonathan

It would be interesting to see any earlier times from say about 1998 onwards, because that would have been when Duncan Cowpers near 400hp 4WD Dax Rush was thrashing everybody in those Championships on a regular basis.

That was a great time by Alan Hockham with circa 150hp, has anyone seen him lately ? *thumbup*