Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tach & Speed-O bulb access

Tony C

Just received some of those nice LED instrument light bulbs, as recommended on BC - thanks for the info.

I've installed the ones in the other instruments, but can't see a similar bulb access on the big dials. Do I have to remove them from the dash and take the back off?

The LED's are white and the effect is great. They make the Mocal gauges look crisp and give the light in the Caterham gauges a very slight blue tinge - I checked to see if they'd included one of the wrong colour, but it must be the instrument 😬 The light was a different colour with the ordinary bulbs too.

Just a tip - I couldn't get one LED bulbs to work and it turned out that I had reversed the bulb holder wires when carrying out previous work *confused* Blew the fuse fiddling about, couldn't immediately figure-out which fuse was for the instrument lights (It's No. 6), didn't have a spare 7.5 amp, fitted a 5 amp instead - yada, yada - the usual comedy of errors 😬

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Thanks Phil 😬

I noticed the grommet - I'll have a look under it tonight.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)