Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vx dry sump tank location

captain chaos

Metal Mickey,

As far as fixing goes, I would be happy to sort this out myself locally (add brackets etc) as long as the tank/s fit into the space I have to play with. I am not going to be able to do this until next Monday. Where are you based?

Edited by - captain chaos on 23 Oct 2001 10:34:27

Greg, CC, I'd think 5/8" ID pipe should be O.K but someone with more engine building experience should confirm if this is right. I think you can get weld on fittings/filler necs,caps from Demon Tweeks. Im based near Bakewell in Derbyshire. You'll need to supply accurate dimensions for the tank, if you want to add securing brackets later thats fine. I'm away for the next couple of days, back thursday eve. Contact me on 0129883855 or 07970953712 or E mail off line.

Mike.

sorry, ive come to this a bit late but some thoughts. since i bought the car (Vx dry sumped) it has lost oil into the breather pot from the swirl pot. after lots of experiements i came tot the conclusion that the swirl pot design was not what it should be hence allowing oil out and down into the breather. I ended up mounting the breather above the swirl to allow oil to run back down. at the moment it doesnt look pretty as i am using a plastic water bottle as a trial but if somebody could you manufacture me a nice shiny metal one to autoCAD drawings i would happily pay for the privilege.... It would have to be an odd shape (wedge) with an internal baffle to mount on the bulk head.

Mike

thanks,

mine is identical except "from rocker cover" and "to catch tank" feed into the smae place. looks like a new tank is easiest as modding the existing involves destroying the present. any ideas on where i can go to buy one - built to the same dimenions as the present one

mike