Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R1 exup

Tonmawrie

It's really up to you what you want to do with the exup valve, are you wiring in the yamaha loom and clocks etc?

The exup only really helps with low to mid range power, on my bike, the exup valve motor is still connected (which stops the clocks alternating between the RPM, 0 and 7000, but I now have an acrapovic exhaust.

T.

Hi

I've been running mine without an exup for 2 years now without problem. All the bike and sidecar racers dump them. You will need to short the loom so that it thinks its still connected. For info I am running a modified R1 loom in my car with R1 clocks and yellowbox.

Cheers

Jim

R1 Phoenix

Usual method is to dump the EXUP, the only problem that this causes is the ECU will then send a fault code to the clocks through the clock's RPM feed. If you're not using the standard clocks then this is not a problem and can be ignored, if you are using the standard clocks then you need a little trick box to fool the ECU into thinking the EXUP is still connected and working. These are available from quite a few sources and there is a diagram on the Bike Transplant site if you want to wire your own :)

Graeme.

graeme finlayson / tyre warmer / fluke motorsport

graeme@fluke-motorsport.co.uk / www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk

Or, you buy an EXUP servo from ebay for £25 and mount it out of the way somewhere, as I have done. I'm using R1 clocks, so I now don't get the fault code.

It appears that the ECU will keep the stock ignition curve with the servo disconnected, so you should have no problems there.

I really wouldn't bother with the valve itself as they were primarily installed to get the bike though the 5000ish rpm drive by noise testing for type approval..... Saying that, they could come in useful for track day noise testing! *wink*

We will mend it We will fix it...

"Usual method is to dump the EXUP, the only problem that this causes is the ECU will then send a fault code to the clocks through the clock's RPM feed"

Even when using the original clocks like I am this fault code only comes on when ignition is switched on and engine is not running. As soon as the engine starts fault code disappears. So no big deal.

Jim

Edited by - phoenix on 4 Apr 2005 15:42:01