Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear Anti roll bar - How do the ball joints fit?

Westfield

Anyone help with a question on a rear anti role bar? My 1997 HPC has one fitted and while looking underneath I noticed that the angle of the ball joints that connect the anti roll bar to the de deon are at an angle, rather than in line… When viewed from the back of the car the ball joints are on the outside, nuts facing inward… Is that the right war round?

The reason for being under there is I have a loud squeak that is getting louder!! Any suggestions what could be causing this?

Web site updated!!

My high mount RARB had the upper and lower balls on the outside with the nuts on the inside. They would just barely rub the tires on the 16" HPC wheels. I've since reversed them and bent the bar inward to clear wider wheels and tires. As I recall, there was a little angle to the original instalation, maybe 10°-15° or so.

-Bob

94 HPC VX

When I built my widetrack suspension 12 months ago I was not happy with the angled attitude of the anti roll bar drop links as this could contribute to premature failure of the ARB due to side loading.

I replaced the hexagonal spacer with a self designed longer triangulated bracket that connects to 2 ear fixing points which is stronger and results in the drop links being vertical. *thumbup*

Mad about S77ENS

Thanks all

Dave, do you have any pictures of your modification?

Special thanks to Alicat who mailed me to tell me what the squeak was! Seems the centre metal sleeve on he metalastic bushes on the “A” frame are to short. This causes the large washer to rub on the “A” frame itself….

Just been and checked and he was bang on! The large washers have been rubbing and when slackened the squeak goes! Thanks Alicat!

Web site updated!!