Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Modified Zetec Heads

perksy

Doing some research on Modified Zetec Heads and wondered if anybody has any recomendations ?

(Would prefer to keep my twin 45DCOES, And Not switch to Throttle bodies yet...)

Companies and an idea on cost would be a Help.

Thanks *smile*

I work along side Ammo so this could be seen as been bias but he's just ported and fitted larger valves to a head for me and its impressive. He's suffering from Duratecitis at the moment but he'll still talk to us lowly Zetec owners *wink*Give him a ring - numbers in low flying.

Mike.

Scholar Engines ported my head this winter, nice job for sensible money. Changed to T.B.'s at the same time, the Scholar kit is good value if you are feeling a bit tempted. After fitting it started first time and it runs very well (better than it ever did on carbs) on the supplied map. With the FZ2002 cams it should be about 200 bhp. All I need to do now is get it run in.

Paul

The stage 2 (Scholars ref.) head was £350 + VAT. For that my head was ported, skimmed to give a compression ratio of approx. 10.5:1 (if my memory serves me correctly), the valves were all cleaned before being refitted, the combustion chambers modified and valve springs to suit the FZ2002 cams were fitted. It came back ready to bolt on. No hidden or unexpected costly extras were added (been there before), just a good competent job with a decently quick turnaround. Alan quoted 208 bhp as the figure to expect with 40mm T.B.'s, ever the pessimist 200 bhp and I will be delighted, with the 45's I eventually settled on it could be more.

Paul