Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4-2-1 Side exhaust on xflow - blowing @ manifold

Tim_H

I've just replaced my rear exit exhaust with a 4-2-1, side exit.

I managed to leave the primaries in place, and just change the collector, and silencer. *thumbup*

I've now developed a blow at the manifold. *thumbdown*

Question is., I appreciate that I need to re-gasket, but is there a trick to lining all the exhaust up before connectijng it all up?

btw, i'm on the bottom (lower) hole of the bracket by the passenger seat. - is this the one you used?

thanks

Tim

Tim are you K series, Vauxhall or Xflow?. if its a Xflow then the centre manifold joint is usually suspect due to the fact that you have just two bolts holding the exhaust to the head with nothing to keep the centre of the gasket tight against the head. so this is where they usually let go. There are special thicker gaskets available. see ad in low flying. or for a permanent fix you can get a thicker flange for the centre siamesed pipes that does not bow like the standard flange when it gets hot.

You need to get a set of copper manifold gaskets from Chris Wheeler at the 7 workshop (www.7workshop.com). It is worth checking that the flangefaces and block face are undamaged and smooth, but the copper gaskets should do the job

Terry

Q783 OOR. Team Lotus colours with flares.