Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New Roadsport / Academy car

Brod.

New Academy car for sale, not reg or SVA tested. Used as a promotional car to compliment Scottish Caterham Academy. Done 500 miles ( run in revs only ). Built in June 2004 by myself, spec as follows :

Factory painted in White with Green wings

Momo fixed steering wheel

Black pack

Two tillet seats with harness ( drivers five point )

Battery cut off switch

Anti cav tank

Lowered drivers floor

Race cage with drivers protection bar

Adjustable road springs

Plumbed Fire Ext.

Full side doors

Fuel tank honeycomb pack

NO HOOD

If this was ordered at Caterham as a road car & factory built it would cost 21.5K

Can be reg as 2005 ( 05 ) New car.

£15750.00 ono.

Edited by - Brod. on 16 Mar 2005 11:17:48

Hi Brod - as a new Academy car is 'only' £16450 and includes a seasons racing and hand-holding through your licence, etc., I think you are being a little optimistic.

I'd be tempted to remove the cage and race options, put on an FIA bar, get it SVA'd and sell it as a 1.6 roadsport...

I was offered 6-month old ex-academy cars, that hadn't completed a season (less than 3k miles) for 12k last year.

Good luck either way!

Simon - the £16,450 will not include the paint, the black pack, the two tillet seats, the pax harness, plumbed fireext, the side doors...

I have seen exAcademy cars go for a fair bit more than the price you mention, so it seems a little unfair to prejudice Brod's sale. If it's not selling - he can decide to drop the price or take offers.

Well Simon, I'm well aware of the BASIC price of the Academy series, however thanks to "CR" for highlighting the extras on the car, and the build price is included. Never mind, !6k is neither here nor there,another car in the garage is ok to have.

Yes offers will be considered