Click here if you are having website access problems ×

larger part of Roger King 1700 Xflow engine

Ade Ray

Was in the process of rebuilding this:

1700 XFlow engine (engine number 98 01 223)modified by Roger King in February 1998 to the following invoice (323):

Unleaded valve seats, bore block to 83.5, cam followers, double race valve springs, valve retainers, steel cam thrust plate, loctabs, block breather plug, main bearings, big end bearings, double dowelled flywheel, spigot bearing, gaskets, front crank seal, crear crank seal, flywheel bolts, duplex kit, cam dowel, forged Acralite pistons (machined), big end bolts, oil slinger spacer, water pump, gass-flowed head and inlet manifold, valves, guides, stem seals, spring seats, collets, steel rocker shaft, steel rocker posts, steel rocker spacers, oil filler cap, machined chokes, machined breather to rocker cover, needle valves and jets. The work at that time cost £3,159.61.

The engine also has the Lucas ignition pack and coil recommended by RK and a set of twin 40 Webbers. The clutch assembly including flywheel is also included but there is no bell housing.

The engine came to a demise when the dry sump pump jammed and the 244 cam sheared the teth off the oil gear and shattered some of its own in the process. The loose material caused the bearing at the number one big end to fail.

I have bought:

A new 244 cam from Kent Cams (still inits oil bag), new cam followers

The engine is missing:

No fuel blanking plate, no crankshaft, one cast iron con-rod, a complete set of bearings including for safety cam shaft bearings, set of gaskets, dry sump pump, dry sump pan and oil.

The engine has been meticulously cleaned for swarf and all the oilways blown out with compressed air.

There is NO engine failure damage to any of the parts that I am selling nor any other damage that I am aware of.

the completed engine will produce 150-160BHP and I have the original invoice and engine notes from Roger King.

Price is £750.

Ade

*smile*