ACB10 Compound Question

MikeE

I currently have a mixed selection of ACB10s on my 7 as follows

fronts 17.0 21.0-13 78v

one 6898 (A30 compound) - road?

one 8843 (A30 compound) - race?

rears 8.0 22.0-13 89v

both 10036 (A33 'Caterham' compound) - road

So first off I bought the 2 fronts as part worns at my last trackday (from the Michelin tyre truck at Bedford autodrome). I didn't notice that one of them says 'competition use only'. Now I only intend using them for track use anyway so is this a problem given that they're both A30 compound? Also why is one competion use and the other suitable for road *confused*

Second question is, having tried the softer A30 compound on the fronts I want to replace the rears with softer compound. However having doen a search on blatchat I believe the 8.0" rears come in the A31 coupound (6899 8.0/22.0-13 A31 89V – A31 Rears). Can you get an A30 compound rear tyre? If not is the A31 rear suitable for use with the A30 front (and I presume A31 will give improved grip over the standard fit A33 rears?).

cheers

R400 Duratec 230bhp *cool* Build Pictures here

mike

the rears i posted about on your last thread on this topic (short notice before track day) are A31 compound, which is what i've been using for the JCC Centurian race series last year- they only last a weeekend (qualifying and 2x 75 min races) on a SLR (177 bhp) keeping off the kerbs so you pay for the extra grip if it's only track day use

jerry

mike

sorry, just seen your post on race plans- you'll definitely be sprinting in a serious class (aero/not List 1A) so i'm sure the stickier the better

what did you do with your R500 evo motor? looks like we'll have Csr's racing with us so don't expect to see where they went without major driver and power upgrade 😬

jerry

Mike

The data from the other thread in not necessarily correct as it was pasted from a work in progress.

Sometimes tyres may be specified for a series and the cost price is often reduced as a form of sponsorship, if they were e-marked they could then be sold on at a price that could destabilise the pricing structure.

Avon pair their tyres and this can be seen from different specs having consecutive numbers.

So the 6899 will match your 6898 as a set that Avon have produced.

Lawrence

mike

sorry for my confusion, but your post on racing next year says you're going sprinting- which will be in a pretty serious class

link to your pistonheads car history says SLR-R500evo-duratec

did you go straight to duratec in a new (standard width) chassis?

or am i even more disorientated 😳

must get to the poacher sometime 😬

jerry

ah, a bit of artistic licence on Pistonheads 😳

Now I bought a new R400 minus engine/gearbox and went straight to a Duratec *thumbup*

I'm planning to do the SELOC sprint series this year. Due to me having a 230bhp 7 I'm going to be in the most competitive class, but that doesn't mean I'm any good *tongue*

cheers

R400 Duratec 230bhp *cool* Build Pictures here