Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oh 'eck, I might be sprinting next year

nickaddison

Having attended/marshalled at a few sprints now Carolyn's competitive streak has come out!

Although still learning to drive she has expressed an interest in competing, and we kind of decided that it might be an idea if I had a go first. Thing is, I suspect the very nature of the car is going to catapult me alongside the Dave Jacksons and certain humiliation 😳

Scream if you wanna go faster!

Caterham FireBlade NJA509

Just do it Nick ! Don't see any reason why you and Carolyn shouldn't pop your cherries together 😳 We need more ladies competing to create a better sense of competition, Ive also noticed that the more events Sally gets involved in the more she seems happy for me to spend on upgrades 😬

Steve

Edited by - Steve Robinson on 3 Jul 2004 11:15:34

Nick and Carolyn - do it, it is excellent fun and as you know the l7 events are ever so friendly *thumbup*

prepare your self for lots of jovial banter and what ifs 😬

rob

PS what is wrong with sprinting this year *confused*

To steal Nick's ID again temporarily.

*smile*

Couldn't really fit the sprinting in this year, with the DVD's on the go it'll be fairly busy, and I think Nick wants to get used to the idea too! Really glad that he agreed tho, means that I can get all the hints and tips before having a go myself! Going to be a while before I can get to grips with the 'blade I reckon, after learning to drive in a Corsa! 😬

Carolyn

Carolyn

Nick could not let you have all the fun. I am planning on sprinting next year, unless I am banned from class 3, so you can always put stuff in my tow car if you want.

Better idea, if it raining Nick can drive the Blade to the sprint and you can have a lift

David

Well Steve 1.8K are new this year in class 3 and I thought it was a trial year to make sure that we are not to fast *wink* As a 1.6K continues to be quicker in all the events so far I hope we will be adopted into class 3. Although I think the 1.8k will need a bit of tweeking to keep up with the 1.6K and there 175BHP 😬

David

Nick, 1a's are standard road legal tyres. The popular ones being Bridgestone RE720/SO-2 or 3 Yoko's A539/510/520 and a few other makes such as Toyo,Avon,Goodyear etc .

The 1b's are road legal motorsport tyres ie Yoko A021R/32r/48r or Avon ACB10/CR500 and a few others.

If you name your intended tyre someone will confirm in seconds what class they are eligible for.

Nick

As a Bike Engined Car, you automatically fall into Class 4, 5 or 6 dependant on tyres, 1a, 1b, Slicks respectively. Class 4 would be a good place to start (1a's about £200 a set) unless you like lots of grip, then its class 5 I'm afraid on a sticky set of A24 compound ACB10's (£450!!)

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

I remember Roger Swift posting a low 59 round Curborough in 2002 using Fireblade he had never driven before . I think Roger was on A31 "hard" ACB's . Brody and Simon have also posted top times in Blades on 32R's ( £260 per set)

So the car is very competitve in class 5 and would also be good in 4

*smile* *thumbup*

I know what the car can do, I was more worried about me *tongue*

Hmm running on class 5 tyres at the moment - ACB10s and CR500s (went on last night so haven't even got the releasing agent off them yet!)

Thinking that because I'm nowhere near the limit yet I might be best starting off on 1A tyres and push them a bit harder - should be a god learning experience. Having said that, I remember seeing what those tyres did to your grip at Llandow on the Saturday when you were playing around Dave *eek*