Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Map Pockets / Press Studs / Wheel Weight Tape

R400 NOT

Please could somebody give me instructions for fitting map pockets as I am worried about drilling though something I shouldn’t *eek*

I also need to replace a press stud on the boot so do I need a specific gadget or is there another way of doing it *confused*

Lastly, I am trying to remove wheel weight tape/residue but nothing seems to shift it *mad* so is it there to stay?! 🙆🏻

Cheers,

Peter

M.E. Support covers many aspects of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and other chronic fatiguing illnesses.

Peter,

The wheel weight gunge comes off with WD40, using a plastic scraper. I am told you can also use Mr Sheen spray polish to the same effect. Get the weights put inside the wheel in future, and it doesn't matter then.

Terry

Q783 OOR. Team Lotus colours with flares.

Peter

I guess it depends on where you want to install the Map pocket. I installed mine between the seats so I could reach the contents with the harness on and this is easy as you can see any obstructions in the boot. If I was looking to mount in the footwell I think I would use a magnet to find the Chassis rails and mount the pocket away from these. I think I am right in saying that there is nothing else between the side body skin and the internal panels.

As for the press-stud I got a simple tool from either Oxted trimming or CC not sure now but it was inexpensive and saved messing around.

Driving on the left side 😬

Later 7s may have the aluminium, (correct spelling?) honeycomb side panel reinforcing, this could be a bit tricky to drill and rivet into, but the inner panel is steel, so will be able to take a rivet or two direct, I'd just figure out where I wanted the map pocket and drill carefully, regards Nigel.

1982. 5 speed, clamshells. B.R.G / Ali. The True Colours.