Click here if you are having website access problems ×

swirl pot VX HPC

k.russell

Anyone got any info or pics of swirl pot and fitting ,to run injection with standard Cat carb tank, trying to sort out where to fit it. Would it be wise to put it in boot area or is it best beneath the boot floor 🤔

kevin R

J457 DNU

black-ali HPC

Also what fuel pump should i be using to feed the swirl pot, seem to have an underated solid state facet pump at moment(12 gph), although seems to have been ok with the carbs, will it do the job with the swirl pot *confused*

kevin R

J457 DNU

black-ali HPC

Kevin,

To supply the swirl pot a facet should be fine. Ideally you should have a low pressure fuel filter somewhere between the pump and swirl pot. The high pressure pumps typically are designed for gravity feed so it is best to place the pot in a location where you can get the pump beneath / lower than it.

Kevin

I used a Facit Redtop pump for the low pressure primary although I suspect the standard solid state will be ok unless you are really upping the power and do long sustained full throttle blats.

I had a small alli pipe welded into the top of the front face of the tank for the swirl pot return. I also put an ally insert into the feed from the low pressure pump to provide a bit of back pressure to stop it pumping its heart out all the time. As I recall I drilled a 3/32" hole through a piece of 1cm long ally rod which snuggly pushed into the hose. Seems to work fine and should extend the life of the pump a bit.

The swirl pot came from SBD and I mounted it on the left side of the boot. I tried to get it underneath but space is pretty tight and you could end up with some tight bends in the hoses which will then become a b***** to fit.

If you let me have your email address I'll send you a couple of pics which may help a bit.

Best of luck

Kevin,

Unless you need a flow rate > that of the R500 fuel system, go for a K series tank with integral pump. Its a much neater setup. I tried swirl pots and multiple pumps years ago when I first fitted injection on my car. It was a disaster.

Ex Fat Arnie

Hauling Less Lard....