Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harewood Entries

Mark Durrant

• Area Representative

Mark,

I think that, the 27 that have got enrties, should forfeit any championship points 😬

(this statement is not affected by the fact that I couldn't do Harewood because of work you undestand!)

Edited by - Richard Price on 19 Jun 2004 22:17:57

yeah - looks like we have the biggest entry again *thumbup*

also it seems we will be towards the front of the running order, which should be good for getting away early for thos folks from down south, .... can't face the trailer trip back on sunday night so am gonna drive the caterham up and down the M1, deepest joy ☹️

as my parents live by I shall give the BBQ a miss ☹️

rob *smile*

I'll be at the barbie.

robmar: I'm dreading the trailer trip too. It's going to be a nightmare ☹️ . .. . M1 on a Sunday afternoon/evening will not be good. The weekend after is not much better as Loton's in the Arctic circle as well 😬 I think I might drive as well - will have to see what the forecast is.

After a hi-vis (pocketted side) driver's door if anyone's got one? *thumbup*

A word of warning to anybody who is trailering ther car to harewood.

If your trailer is parked in the paddock you are NOT allowed to remove it until the meeting has finished on sunday.

Its best to keep it in the main carpark as you are allowed to drive your competing car out.

Dave

You know they sent us 4 tickets for each day . . . well do entrants need to have a ticket or can that be given away as well? I appreciate it will say in the instructions, but I don't have them handy at the moment.

Anyone know?

T.I.A. *thumbup*

After a hi-vis (pocketted side) driver's door if anyone's got one? *thumbup*

Babysitting problems mean I won't be competing ☹️

Am hoping to come up on the Sunday to watch for the day, but we'll have to see if our little one is in a good enough mood to tolerate a couple of hours in the car.

Best of luck to all if I don't see you, enjoy it 😬

Steve

Robmar - try putting the green car pass in your tow car when its in the paddock. If you haven't got a tow car you can chuck the greeny.

As Paul says if you bring your trailer in to ther paddock, you can't take it out until the meeting finishes, but this does not apply to the tow car - providing you follow the one way system in the paddock.

And yes .... you are the first batch out and you are the 17th car Rob. Try walking the course if you haven't been before - its a good bit of exercise for you pampered southeners!

Steve - I'll put up the picture at the gate and get the guards out just in case. *eek*

P7DHC *wink*

Dale - no trailer trash for me *smile* well not for harewood as I will be driving up from berkshire in the 7 *eek*

will definatley want to walk the course, and less of the pampered southern stuff, I am a yorkshireman born and bred *thumbup*

rob *smile*

Just been reading the stuff from harewood and I am confused (not the 1st time)

Saterday

8.00 sign on

practice 1: 9.00

Practice 2: 2.30

SUNDAY?

8.00 sign on

9.00 practice (one run for All competitors plus 1 extra run for copetitors granted sunday practice) ??

Meeting Commences 10 mins after practice runs

1st Top Twelve Run Off ??? (there are more than 12 in are class 23 so what happens?)

2nd Top Twelve Run Off?? (as above?)

Can anyone enlighten me to what is going on on Sunday?

thanks

David

The event is a round of the National Championship, practice on Saturday for all, and a further run on Sunday morning.

The timed runs for all classes will commence as soon as the practice runs on Sunday morning have been completed.

Usually every one will get two runs (timed) for results.

The Top Twelve run offs are for the fastest 12 cars in the National championship who in effect have two rounds at this event, thus the two run offs.

All quite confusing!

The two day events are always rather leisurely with lots of time in between runs.....

Andrew

You will get three practice runs on Saturday, and one more on Sunday morning, followed by two timed runs. A small number of entrants have been allowed to skip Saturday and will sign on, get scrutineered etc on Sunday and it seems they are allowed two practice runs on Sunday morning.

The 'Top Twelve' stuff is the British Hillclimb Championship, if you're registered and you post one of the twelve fastest runs in either first or second timed runs, then you get to go again. The ten fastest in this runoff get 10-1 points in the British Championship.

When in doubt follow the car in front of you in the programme, if you're first car then keep an eye on the paddock marshall, and listen for paddock announcements, she's very efficient.

Paul