Click here if you are having website access problems ×

k series goes pop (again)

mightymetros

Well - with the centurian coming up this weekend, the other engine can't come out of my car until the week after so I'm probably driving over to Anglesey in the manta.... Not as much fun.

At least it can't cost me any more money until then.... Think payday's that week which will make me feel a little better.

I'm sure between us we're due either an enromous lottery win or an outsider coming home on the horses. This much bad luck must end somewhere

P523 BPB - Caterham 21 Captain Scarlet Evolution

www.caterham21.com

I've found if you use quality gasket sets and new head bolts and make sure everything is clean and put together corretly then i've not had any trobles, and the most important thing is to let it get up to operating temp before you give it some loud pedle!

Sacha, would be interested in the complete engine but i'd only want to pay £200ish and its quite posible that you could have 'knocked' the crank out. How long did you run it with the HG gone? Also how many miles has the engine done?

Cheers

Hugh

Its always been run up to temp, i have an oil temp guage, aswell as the water temp guage in the car, which i always keep a keen eye on. This is the first HGF on this engine, but ive had the same on a 1.4 8v, 1.4 16v, 1.6 16v and 1.8 16v. Its about time i got a different car and not a rover.

sacha