Click here if you are having website access problems ×

London Scavenger Hunt Rallye

Steve-B

anyone up for a scavenger hunt rallye when it gets warmer (hopefully some time this year) 🤔

i found thishere that if we did it overnight, could be fun to find some interesting stuff.

if there's enough interest, could be some fun. wouldn't be the fastest rallye, but could be the noisiest ever *thumbup* 😬

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD

we would start at midnight or later and go unitl 0500 so that there'd be no traffic. probably a saturday or sunday night would be best.

followed by a gumball run to the coast for brekkie in the AM

Steve B

Oooooh, don't worry deary, we can give you an 'ead start... *wink*

Now, where's moi recipy for exhausted Wolf poie *tongue*?

Only joking, Wolfy, Oi prefer fox an' pheasant - noice an' smelly an' you can use the lead shot for fishin' later *biggrin*

Piccadilly Underpass with 50 se7ens 😬

WOW That'd just sound sooooo kewell *thumbup*

Q: Why does the map say "direction clockwise" when there's a bridge / tunnel crossover 🤔

Coz that makes half the circuit clockwise and half anti-clockwise *tongue* I know this from playing wiv scalextric too much (cant wait for the snow to bugger off so we can go out in Barbarella again)

There used to be an event called the Miglia Quadrato, run by the London University Motor Club. It was a navigation scatter/treasure hunt using the square mile of the City only, with HUGE scale maps that required extraordinarily accurate plotting and map-reading to find the clues. Good fun.

Perhaps we could try and wangle an invite to that? (It would have the enormous benefit of being legal and, taking place in the city on a Saturday night, would attract less attention...)

• 1 month later...

Spring is about to bounce into our lives, anyone interested in this 🤔

as i'm organising USA 2005 i really can't take this on, but would be more than willing to help with picking the roads to go on...

Steve B

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven