Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T dragster

richardm57

dragster rail rear engine 206" w.b. dennis priddle body, cosworth gaa 3.4ltr 4 valve dohc belt drive, 450hp+150hp nitros on pump petrol,f5000 cams ea1 inlet more lift etc. f1 exhaust. slider clutch, chrysler 727 clutchflite auto box, b&m valve body. westminster alloy diff- rear end. 3" belts. et. 8.6- 160 mph not used since 1985. chassis only suitable nostalgic races or rwyb. fully enclosed trailer needs tlc/ any interest with witjout engine.

surrey-west sussex border

tools&bdg

Would you be prepared to sell the engine alone ? Any history with the engine ? Was it out of a RS3100 Capri ? Please mail me a price so i can contact my friend who is looking for an Essex unit.

Thank You.

Founder Member of The Twisted Prop Club.

thanks for reply. i have a potential buyer for engine and the spare engine parts. but i would have liked to keep car as is as this took me much effort to build. this engine was originaly built for capri for european touring car championship about 1972. will keep you in mind if deal fails. engines go for £5k plus.

Yes that is right, engine was based on the Capri block but with 4 valve heads and belt drive all designed by Cosworth of course. 😬 Cannot remember when i heard of this type of engine for sale as very few were made !!

Founder Member of The Twisted Prop Club.

the block is 4 bolt mains and made of nodular iron [crankshaft material]

and is about 30lbs heaver than stock block. bore is quite large- 100mm. 120 made. i would have liked to keep the spare parts to build an engine to fit in capri, i think this would make nice road car but potential buyer wants all the spares i have.

from richard

tools&bdg