Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lotus Elan+2S

Peter Lydford

Long story this one ......

I bought this car then sold it to buy a S4 Elan. I then sold the Elan and bought back the +2 from the chap I sold it to, now I have too many cars and not enough time so one has to go :-(

1973 Elan+2S/130/5, Spyder chassis with adjustable suspension all round, the engine has been re-built by the previous owner I orignally got the car from, also the gearbox was re-built. The engine runs very well and has no known faults, the gearbox is also very good with no jumping out of any gear. The car actually drives very well and handles nicely due to the adjustable suspension etc:

Now the poor bits, basically it needs re-painting and re-trimming, the body is very good with no signs of any previous crash damage, the interior is complete and everything works, nothing is missing, all lights work, not broken glass or lights, the electric windows are sloooow (as usual!)

The really sad thing is if I broke the car I would end up with more money than selling it complete, I want £2750 for the whole car as it is. I don't really want to break it because it's such a good car, but if I have to I will.

e-mail for pictures and location

peterl@digi.co.uk