Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Big Red Starter Button

Petrolhead

I got mine from Farnell: P/N 109282

Description: 76-9410/439088R SWITCH, FLUSH, RED

It works fine and enhances the starting experience 😬

BRG Screenless SV 😬 It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

With regard to the current carrying capacity of the switch (K series), it only has to carry a very small current (100mA max) as the actual starting is carried out by a relay which the start button activates and which, in turn, activates the solenoid. So any switch will do - choosing on cosmetic appearance is the only criterion.

I am unaware if this is also true for non-K series engines (ie: I don't know if all other variants have a starting relay between the start switch and the solenoid).

Chris

2003 1.8K SV 140hp see it here

Oh dear, a non-believer *eek*

Indeed, ones starting experienced is enhanced by the pleasures to be gained from comencing a 7 with a start button, rather than by the turn of a plebian key.

See below *arrowdown*

BRG Screenless SV 😬 It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Petrolhead,

Also installing a Chris W start relay will finish the job nicely 😬