Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series sump gasket

Dave Rothwell

Apologies if this is a very mundane - Is a caterham K series sump gasket the same as a standard k series item or different ( ie is the caterham wet pan different to standard ). Also is the filter a standard item as well ?. Boring I know but you can be sure you answers are not wasted as I dont have a clue - the pan looks too fancy to be standard. Oh I suppose the torque settings for the pan bolts would be good as well.

Many thanks all - as always,

Dave

Who needs a Helmet - Get an Affro !

Clickhere to see Car and AFFRO !

Member 6790

Superlight 0075 - K7 LYT

its different - the rover item is MUCH thicker and a different construction. they are quite reusable though. the oil filter is std though.

not sure of the torque settings - not very high as its into ali. best to do them up in an X pattern as well to avoid it distorting - not too critical though as its not done very tightly.

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

The std wet sump pan is a caterham special - says caterham along the bottom on the one on mine at least 😬

Don't forget - the bottom two bolts that hold the bell housing on (horizontal) are into the sump. Saves a lot of head scratching when all the sump bolts are out and the sump pan won't drop. *wink*