Click here if you are having website access problems ×

15" Bridgestone RE720 on R300 rims - anyone got 'em?

SteveP

Is anyone out there running these at 195 / 45 profile on R300 rims, and do they fit underneath 13" wingstays as fitted to the R300?

I'm toying with the idea of ditching my 13" rims (also running RE720's) and moving to 15" in the same profile as the supplied CR500s, which are fantastic, but I need list 1A for sprints.

Clearly I don't want to sell my wheels and cough up for new ones if they wont fit. I only ask, since the CR500's are a very close fit and the RE720's will be a slightly different shape

Thanks

SteveP

General wisdom on this forum is that 185/60/13 are the best handling tyre, or 70 profile for road. They are lighter than 15s. I have 720s in 185/60/13 and, erm, they work. Not that I am an expert, just repeating the consensus. Make sure you get the glaze off them, this took me a good 500 miles, they are a bit unpredictable when new. Yoko 021s are considered better but not list 1a, apparently.

Yep, that's what I thought when I bought the 185/60 13" RE720's (on Minators), but I just don't like them much - sidewall is too squashy and the car 'squirms' underneath you when pressing on, and I have tried a variety of tyre pressures to try and combat this.

I've done over 2000 miles on them now and performance hasn't really improved, people say that they should be shaved down and they are probably right - I'd do that to the 15" versions.

Car seems better on the lower profile rubber, ok it's sticky CR500 rubber, but it's the sidewall deflection (or lack of it) that makes the car 'feel' more secure.

SteveP