Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1999 Superlight R for sale

Mark Piper

1999 “V” Ferrari Titanium Silver, bare carbon front & rear wings, carbon noseband, carbon dash, Stack ST500 Tacho (shows accurate mph, 0-60/lap timer/1/4 mile, shift lights etc etc etc and is backlit in a rather nifty blue. *wink*

Standard SLR spec with grp tillets, rolled rim 5 spoke wheels wearing green band CR500s, FIA bar, 4 point harnesses, aluminium gear knob. Momo q/r wheel. 2 previous owners, Full Caterham approved dealer history. Full Minister top-end rebuild 2,000 miles ago (cam belt jumped 2 teeth!) and full Minster engine rebuild 5,000 miles ago (sump plug undone by bump in road!). Minister rebuild updated engine spec to later type (stronger bearings etc) but still on throttle bodies. Dynoed shortly after rebuild at 188.1bhp. Flat floored and corner weighted by Jeremy Richardson when he was at Hyperion.

Mobil 1 oil change & Mintex 1155 brake pads all round by Hyperion 2 weeks ago.

Now showing 12,000 miles. Reluctant sale due to redundancy but will px for cheaper car as I can’t bear to be without a Seven £19,000 ☹️

Edited by - mark piper on 23 Jun 2003 17:48:21

Nick tried to mail you pictures - took 20 minutes on my crummy old home 'phone line...only to be told your mailbox had exceeded its quota! I'm in Essex, 25 minutes from Stansted/M11. I'll try mailing you one picture at a time tomorrow afternoon.

Noooooo! It can't be true.

I'll have nobody to keep up with if you sell the SLR Mark! *wink*

I can vouch for how quick this car is, I've been left in it's dust more times than I care to mention!

19K is a good deal too. Mark, fancy a P/X on an SL? *wink*

Edited by - CRICKERS on 25 Jun 2003 10:25:48

Mark,

I don't believe it!! You have just the car I've been looking for - problem is I've literally last weekend put down a deposit on another car (which was supposed to be non-refundable!!)

I have the cash and provided I can get all of my deposit back I would very much like to come down to see you - (I'm in Birmingham).

Can you let me have a phone number or perhaps you could call me 0121 6342218 (work) or mobile: 0789 9662445.

Many thanks

Gareth Lester-Jones

gareth@johnsonfellows.co.uk

Hi Mark,

If your car is still for sale, I am interested. Could you please try and send me a couple of photos (1 exterior, 1 interior), though I know you have been having a few problems with this.

Cheers

Leo

I've got a short bit of video with Mark roaring off down the M25 when we went to Brands last October..and the accompanying commentary...

"F**k me, that car's raucous!!"

*thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Best of luck with the job hunt Mark.

Nifty.

Cheers Mark,

WRT p/x, I have a well sorted, quick, Lancia Integrale Evo 2 which I am selling to join the 7 fold. A friend of mine is interested, but if this tickles your fancy then let me know. Looks like you want another 7 from your post...

Leo

leo_malim@hotmail.com

Ok, now you're worrying me... Any petrolhead knows that 'grales rock the world.

I think the fumes from the side exit exhausts are getting to you guys 😬

Italian cars are gay, huh? 6 consecutive world rally titles?! Perhaps the best competition car pedigree ever (not at all biased though!) *tongue*

Trust me, I like Italian cars. I like 'grales (especially of the Evo2 variety).

Mark just prefers things of Teutonic persuasion. The sort with fat arses and/or that you can't tell which direction they're travelling in (which is probably something to do with being able to hide his driving style).

Seriously nice car his though, and I can imagine him being gutted at selling it. You could do much worse than to take it off his hands and learn the sheer joy of English motoring.

PS I'm sure Audi and Ford might have something to say about the competition car pedigree angle, but I'll let you off. Like I say, I like Italian cars. And pizza.

Mark,

Not going anywhere this weekend apart from desk and bed *mad* *mad*..

..have a deadline for a project that is approaching faster than one can say "Bloody hell, Pipers off again!!" *tongue* 😬

Catch up later...was toying with trying to get to The Ace Cafe on 8th July.

Nifty.

Scuffnut drives a Fiat...when he's not damaging it in Aldi's car park or scraping the wheels on kerbs that is. Incidentally Scuff, had cause to be in Egham yesterday and had a good nose at Talacrest's Fiats - seems Mr Selleck's cars may be a little pricier than I first thought...

I love Integrales but I would only consider a Seven in px and even then really want to see £10k clear cash from the deal.

I'm going to the West Wittering picnic tomorrow if anyone wants to see the car in the flesh - Doz I notice you're in Brighton - I guess that isn't that far away from there?...why not come along tomorrow...

Nifty, if I still have the car I 3xpect I'll join Gary G and the Essex hardcore down there *thumbup*

Colin,

Of course you can back out if full balance hasn't changed hands. They've still got the car I presume.

Caterham seem to back out of most of their agreements...well certainly the time element of them anyway.

Go in heavy handed, don't take any bull and then buy Mark's car..one great motor at a good price.

Colin, my car's not concours. It has some stonechips, the Tillets have scratches on the bases and there's a small ding in the rear underneath the rear boot cover (so not visible). The wheels could do with a polish (I may give them the once over tomorrow). It doesn't have a dry sump either and one of the front cycle wings has a crack in it (more of a fracture really and not worth changing).

Are you saying Jason's your mate and he no longer works for them now? That's a bit of news I wasn't aware of.

I am aware that Caterham themselves have an SLR coming up for sale that they paid less than mine for - I guess you might even be able to get a deal on that one if you want to save some cash.

Having said all that if Jason wants to come and look at it (I'm in Essex, 30 minutes for the M11 Stasnted airport turnoff) he's welcome to - mail me on markpiper@zoom.co.uk and I'll mail you back my 'phone number.

• 3 weeks later...