Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wing Mirrors

Apothecary

Search is down so apologies if this has been done to death before.....

Having been a 7 owner for just a couple of months now and recently discovering how much better it is driving without the doors on 😬 I'm in the need of wing mirrors.

What are the options available & sources of supply / costs ?

I have a full screen and don't want to go aero (yet anyway)

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul

I've just fitted a Spa mirror (here or here £32) direct to my windscreen upright. Only drawback is the sidescreen only opens to 90 deg - no big deal.

I think you have to steer clear of the small ones - they're only intended for racing.

Tony

M1 7 SMW 1.4SS Lotus colours with cycle wings. Back on the road *smile*

I've just fitted one of those Spa mirrors on the drivers side. Door opening is not an issue as I have a Side Impact Bar. The mirror is mounted high on the pillar so you can see more than just the rear wheelarch and even with the screen in place the visibility is tons better.

Oh, and they look better than the lorry mirrors that you get as standard.

Neil

Better to burn away and fade out, than to burn out and fade away....

I have Spa mirrors on mine and find them pretty useless with the doors in place. The reflections from the side screens make it almost impossible to get meaningful vision......they look good though *cool*

Rear quarter vision is also near impossible with my FIA bar and 4 point belts, I am sure others will relate to this, you simply cant turn your head enough to check it is all clear........and yes even in a Seven things creep up on the outside lane *mad*...Especially on Motorways!!!

BUT....I have found a cheap and easy solution for those wishing to get great panoramic rear vision on the cheap. Go to Halfords mirror section....they have what they call a "Safeguard mirror" made by summit. Only £3.99 they simply clip to the top of your windscreen, I have one each side and they are great. Very discrete and look quite cool I feel *cool*

You get complete uninterupted rear vision from the main rearview mirror and the two clip ons...they dont fall off (tested to *** mph 😳 )

and leave no blind spots at all.

The only caution...........DO NOT rely on the apparent distances...things always look much further away....just use them to make sure the way is truly clear before pulling out. Good for reversing too if you're all strapped in!

Still seeking number 1!.....Superlight 002, Ali - Carbon. But still seeking elusive Number 1!

All of my passengers have commented on the amazing blind-spot mirrors attached to my car - I haven't yet tried to use them in anger though.

They are 7" diameter... no blackpack on my car then...

*smile*

Myles