Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Got A Momo But Want The Remove Thingy

Stever

Still being pretty wet being the ears of the 7 stuff, please be patient.

My 1999, R'sport came with a Momo fitted. Now of course I want to go for the removable boss / flange / thingy.

I guess this one has been done to death by some of the die hards out there, but is there a step by step guide on a website or is it so simple that someone would be prepared to send me a short email on the subject. ie. 1. undo the wosit.......etc.

Any help much appreciated.

Steve.

Free The Caterham Seven

Steve,

You need a new top column and the quick release mechanism, undo the u-bolt faster engine side of the bulk head and gently remove the old column. When replacing the new column be careful of the bushes it passes through and apply a little grease (can't remember what sort). If your lucky the sterring wheel will line up if not adjust at the UJ as it goes into the rack and/or track rod arms.

Andy

Edited by - Andy Best on 11 May 2003 12:31:24

• Leadership Team

If you wish to retain the steering lock, grind of the weld holding the lock "sleeve" to the column, and weld / pin it to the new column. You may find removal of the old column needs a little brute force to overcome the upper bush in the chassis tube, but other than that it's a fairly straight forward logical job. Worth fitting the quick release column with the "wide spline" to the top - makes life easier everytime you want to refit the wheel.

Stu.