Click here if you are having website access problems ×

OK, who was it ??????

Man dials 999 as wife won't cook dinner

LONDON (Reuters) - An angry husband made an emergency call to police -- because his wife refused to cook him his dinner.

The man dialled 999 in a fury, demanding help from officers because his wife was busy decorating, Avon and Somerset police in western England said on Thursday.

The plea was one of a number of genuine calls made by the public to police which the force published on its website to highlight abuse of the emergency number.

"My wife's left me with two salmon sandwiches which was left over from last night, and I'm sat in the chair here and she's out there decorating," the man told the police operator.

"She won't put any food on or anything for anybody."

The operator is then heard interrupting him saying: "I'm sorry but I really can't take this. It's not an emergency because your wife won't give you anything to eat."

In another call, a woman phoned police to say she couldn't find her glasses and needed them to slice her cucumbers.

😬

Seek forgiveness, not permission.

Is it easy to rob a bank and get away with it???

Now come on, be fair....what have the cucumbers ever done to you. OK so you don't like them very much but that isn't a reason to start torturing them. The GOGs don't like us very much, imagine if they set upon us with blunt instruments *eek*

😬

Rach

Cucumbers have assaulted my taste buds, murdered my nice glass of pimms, ruined many a fine tuna sandwich. EVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVIL

*idea* have you noticed that EVILEVIL have VILE in the middle of it 🤔

HOOPY 500 kg (and soon) 200 bhp R706KGU

Oh what a good idea, I know what I will be having for lunch today - tuna and cucumber sandwich - lovely.

Actually on the subject of Pimms, I remember being at our company Summer party last year and Alex was happily drinking a glass of the freebie booze when he suddenly realised that there was cucumber in it - I have never seen anyone's face drain of colour quite so quickly *eek* 😬 It worked out OK though, meant I got to finish his drink *wink*