Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Child seat in a 420R (S3 chassis; Carbon Tillets)

After much research and general dithering I’ve picked up a new Volvo children’s car seat today and it fits a treat in my 420R with Carbon Tillet seats.

For those who come along later looking for similar, this is the current link to Volvo Parts for this product…

https://www.volvoparts.tmsmotorgroup.co.uk/child-seat-booster-cushion--backrest-wool-fabric-forward-facing-group-23-genuine-volvo-23342-p.asp

For when that link breaks its specs are the following…!

Child Seat Booster Cushion & Backrest, Wool Fabric, Forward Facing, Group 2/3, Genuine Volvo

• Product Code:
    31470488, 31470519
  • Weight:
    3.2kg

I paid £257 on collection at the Volvo dealership here in Sheffield; seems like decent value and I can use it in my other cars as the kids grow up (currently ages 2 and 5 so plenty of time yet).

IMG_5066.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a couple of Volvo child cushions that can be used as inserts, although I think that they are older designs than that. They fit well in the standard seat, and the belts are OK. 

One of them was also sold by and badged as Ford.

Part numbers in the archives.

Jonathan

19 minutes ago, SteliosV said:

Love it! I'm assuming that this is for the elder child right now and that the belts can be tightened enough?

Yes, elder first, although the little one will most likely get a go up and down a little street at most if she wants (1st gear, walking pace, that sort of thing)!

Haven’t actually tried it with a child yet, but the belts seem to tighten down pretty well on the seat itself with not loads of extra space so I think it’ll be OK.

There is a bit of space (finger width) under the main body of the seat base, from the curvature of the Tillets. It’s pretty firm as-is but I might see about a folded up towel or something to go under it, if anything to protect the Tillet seat a bit!