Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Six point harness - fitting

MikeE

Having finally got around to fitting my drivers tillet seat last night I thought I fit the extra six point harness at the same time.

I bought the harness and fixing kit from caterham but on inspection the fixing bolts are way to thick to fit in the provided fixing holes at the base of the rear bulkhead.

Does anyone have any suggestions and/or fitting instructions?

Also when I picked my car up from Caterham dartford last week Simon said something about a lot of people just sit on the six point harness bit. What did he mean?

cheers,

Mike

Sitting on the 5th and 6th harnesses is not necessary with the tillet as they pass under the seat and pop out in the cut out nicely.

I bolt the 5th and 6th harness to the lap belt fixings using suitable strength / length bolts.

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

thanks Steve.

I did think of this but then realised the new belts wouldn't be able to run under the seat and through the cut out in the seat because the seat runners are in the way!

How have you managed this?

Any chance of coming around and having a look sometime as I think you're in my area aren't you?

cheers,

Mike

Sitting on the seat belts is only applicable with convensional type seats.

With "Tillets" the belts run under the seats between the runners, they don't acualy foul the seat runners *thumbup*

You realy should be fixing at six points, as you say at the base of the rear seats, drill out and bolt through the floor using alloy spacers

R300 NUT

Edited by - Bafty Crastard on 11 Apr 2003 12:41:58