Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New Speed Sensor Input figures for Speedo

Kingsley Young

Have a dekko here.  There's a selection of pulse codes at the end of Part C.  There isn't an entry for your ZZS size, but there is for a CR500 in the same size (038544).  I suggest you try that and then fine-tune by comparing your trip to a satnav reading.

[ETA:  And if you do work out a good value, please let me know and I'll add it to the Guide.]

JV

I assume the speedo is over-reading? If so, that's normal (within limits), but it can be adjusted.

What is the pulse code at the moment? (If you don't know how to display it, have a look at the Speedometer Guide I linked to in #2.)

If you want to reduce the displayed speed from 43 to 40, you need to calculate a new pulse code by multiplying the current value by 1+(43-40)/40 (that is 1.075). To store the new value, refer to the Guide.

JV

• Area Representative

Hi John

I did install the new code of  038544 that has given me the speedo reading of what I gave out last night ,before that the speeds were reading higher. So it is definitely better. 
thanks for your help. 
Kingsley

Ah, I didn't realise that the speedo readings in #3 were based on the 038544 code.

If you want to improve accuracy further, enter a code of 041435 (038544 x 1.075). That should result in the speedo displaying 40 at 40, and reduce the error at higher speeds.

Alternatively, you could simply leave it as it is now.

JV