Click here if you are having website access problems ×

AiM MXS - oil pressure sensor setup

cobar

I'm hoping someone has installed an AiM display using the factory Variohm oil pressure sensor and can offer some guidance.  My sensor arrived with a damaged label, making the model number unreadable.  Consequently I can't track down the sensor information and configure the AiM to display correct values.  Does anyone either have the calibration information or the Variohm part number?

Thanks,

John

I've just checked the pressure sensor on my 2008 R400D (removed when I went mechanical).  But it's a Caerbont part, PTR5000-4N12SPR, so not a lot of use to you.

All I can suggest is that you use the "Ask an expert" link on CC's parts page in #3.

JV

I thought I'd circle back with the information in case anyone runs into this in the future,  The sensor supplied by Variohm is the EPT2100 series but it is a special configuration for Caterham not listed on that sensor's product sheet. It has a linear output of 0.1-5v and a range of 0-7 bar, meaning it outputs 0.1v at 0 bar, 2.45v at 3.5 bar and 5v at 7 bar.  

-John

I'm not sure if you're asking do they sell directly to consumers, supply directly to Caterham, or supplied the data directly to me, so I'll answer all three :-)

I spoke with the person at Variohm who manages the Caterham account, so data is from the source; they have a specific supply contract for a custom sensor with Caterham; and it doesn't appear that they sell to the public but not sure if they sell that part to other resellers.  The full part number which contains all the configuration data (output, range, thread size, wiring, etc) is EPT2100-B-00700-B-4-xxx (DT04-4P).  The 00700 and xxx(DT04-4P) in the part number refer to the nonstandard aspects of the configuration.

-John