Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Closed - Sigmax car and trailer found - possible trade against R300D

Boombang

I'm looking at racing and thought a wanted ad would be worthwhile.

Looking for a Sigmax car for Caterham Graduates race series.  I would consider a Sigma 135 or 150.

Likewise I am looking for a suitable good quality named trailer to suit - must be under 5m total length and at least 1.75m wide bed.

I currently have a road R300 D, 4k miles, white pearl with orange stripes that I would be selling to make space.  Beautiful car with Kevlar seats, heater, screen and doors.  Comes with an R300 number plate.  Valued at ~£29k.

Would consider a trade of race car, trailer and cash against the R300 if somehow the stars aligned.

I assume you've seen Zed's ad for his 150 on the CGRC Facebook group? I think there's at least one other 150 currently available - if you've not already spoken to Neal Evans our member sec, I suggest you get in touch and ask him what's available - membership@cgrc.uk.

I may have a full-spec Brian James Minno for sale soon.

I can promise you won't regret racing with the Grads!

I would consider a K-series, please send me a link and/or details.

I forgot to mention any car would need to be road registered and ideally with kit to be road legal - my son's one demand is to still be taken out and he's a long way off being able to drive or passenger on track!

Sorry DirtBuddha, but I wouldn't recommend a K series car for the Grads. Although former Mega-class cars are allowed in SigMax, they need to have an LSD fitted to be vaguely competitive with SigMax, and even then they're generally considered outclassed. They're really only in the regs (which I'm responsible for) so that people who already have Megas can still come and race with us. Additionally there won't be any spares available trackside for Imperial cars, nor much knowledge in the teams if you need help. 

By the way all calls used in the Grads will be 'road legal' to some extent, in that they'll have been previously road registered and will come with a V5. Some will come with "road gear", which usually includes lights, windscreen, wipers and washers, horn if it's been removed, and sometimes weather gear (the useless full hood and slightly less useless full doors). If it doesn't, you can get it an MOT with no lights at all, but obviously would only be usable in daylight. Otherwise, you'd need to sort headlights and front indicators, then I'd suggest supplementing the race rear brake lights with some home made rear lights and indicators on the roll cage, rather than using the old 'caravan' lights on the wings. Fortunately with the move from Yokohama to Toyo, our tyres are now road legal so there's no worry about having to keep a separate set of road wheels.

Also you'll presumably want a passenger seat, which many race cars won't come with. A secondhand Tillet will cost you around £300, or you could make a removable foam bag seat for your passenger. I use an old-style "half bench" seat which is very easily removable, but they're not easy to come by. Out-of-date belts for a passenger are easy to source if the car doesn't have them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...