Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Three-bulb dash - top (clear) holder needed

7_Malc

My 1999 1.8 K-Series Roadsport has three bulbs in between the tacho and speedo dials. The top bulb is a rev-limit light, with a clear, domed holder.

I need to source a new dome and plastic holder as my original part has disintegrated - brittle plastic due to age I suspect.

Does anyone with this style of dash - with the 3 vertical warning lamps -  know of a supplier for a new holder / dome? 

Malc

xlarge_3lampdash_crop.jpeg.ba8311acb64474112c0b333c4f708d55.jpeg

As far as I can tell the supersport shift light is simply a 10mm LED and mount for the K series supersport.

I took mine off as I've fitted the DRE shift lights and set them lower - the 7400 rpm light on the supersport is a bit high for the std pistons. Having taken it off I want to keep it as its original to the car.

I did get some 10mm LED mounts from ebay, with the view to fitting a low oil pressure LED in the same hole but not got to it yet.

The supersport LED has two wires - one to 12V and the other to pin 19 in the ECU plug. I think it would be fairly easy to make up a compete new LED and wire for a few pounds. LED, LED mount, econoseal female connector with yellow silicon seal, wire and heatshrink. There is an LED shift light on the caterham parts website but it looks very different so not sure if compatible.

Here is a picture of mine along with the 10mm LED mount which looks identical to the original.

If you need any further help please let me know.

Ian

E678EDEB-D065-4B19-B282-FEEA2BF32AB6.thumb.jpeg.8dd673a2c4ade53d332e8461e6b91960.jpeg