Click here if you are having website access problems ×

620r Paddle shift to avoid clutch and gearbox issues

kwe620

Hi, I've had my 620r  (s3) since 2018 and have thoroughly enjoyed this maddest of Caterhams. However, it's not been without its issues having already got through two clutches. I use the car both on the road and track, I have done about 10,000 miles. 

I've tried to always make quick, positive, flatshifts on the way up and rev matched, clutch downshifts. Maybe I just lack talent -:(.  

Anyhow, I can't keep changing the clutch every 18 months or risk Sadev gearbox damage,  so I'm now looking into converting to a paddle shift system. From what I have read, this could help on both counts.

I've seen options from  PGM/Meteor ,  Westermann, Jack Webber and as always I'm trying to find the right balance of performance, quality and value.

I would really appreciate any current input from people who have made this conversion on a 620R or are thinking about it.

Thanks.  

Kenny

As Benton has suggested you will find some owners on the 620 forum on Facebook. If you need any information just give us a call, there isn't any pressure just straight forward advice.

Kind regards PGM