Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Proposed 2022 Regulation Changes

Comp Sec

Nigel, the time between double drives is usually a lot less than that between Class 2b and our classes. At Anglesey on the wet Saturday there was a point where the track was drier than for the rest of the day when some cars were running, not during our class runs.

If you want to run in multiple championships why don't you just ask the organisers of the other championship for your time to be counted from running in our classes? 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Graham,thanks for the reply.

The role of the scorer is somewhat different in open championships. The scorer has to pick out his championship contenders, scattered across multiple classes in around 25 different events. For this reason Longton and Liverpool Regs require you to run in your championship class if it is offered. Sometimes it is not offered and I have to advise the scorer(s) on how to proceed.

This year I have done 27 events, competing in the following championships; Liverpool, Longton Northern, Crossborder (XBC), HSA, Association of Northwest Car Clubs, SD34 Motorsport Group and Lotus 7 of course. If I ran in a Lotus 7 class at an open event I could have up to 6 other scores to explain to even if the regs permitted it.

At Anglesey the conditions were certainly variable, but the class 4 result from the wet day on Saturday were essentially the same as the dry day on Sunday.

Unfortunately, if I can't run in the correct MSUK class when I need to, it will mark the end of my 16 years of membership of the Lotus 7 Club.

Although it doesn't effect me I am sympathetic to Nigel and others whom like to compete in multiple championships, and hence not always run with the L7 club classes.

Can we not have something within the regs that state for competitors who run outside of our classes and where there are instances of weather effecting the runs/ timings then the competition secretary at his/her discretion can enforce the rule about only cars running in the L7 club classes count.

I would think that those competitors like Nigel would support that as they wouldn't want to be getting an unfair advantage.

Just a suggestion

Rob

There doesn't seem to be any consensus on the issue of competing in other classes, and  the Comp Sec team have discussed at length how we may make this fairer by taking account of weather conditions on the day. We haven't been able to come to a conclusion as you cannot define a wet or a dry day. 

So we have decided to leave it to you the competitors to have a vote. You will shortly be receiving an email with  a link to a voting form. The email will give full instructions. Voting will close on Friday at midnight so we can conclude this before the awards on Sunday.

And the result is......

22 yes

11 no

So that means that we will continue to allow scoring in our championship by competitors running in other classes at the same event.

And in a more informal poll of the ladies, all 3 replies we received wanted to score based on the winners time. So that's what we will do in 2022.