Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seat Runners for Passenger Carbon Tillet Seat

Colin Heseltine

I have a new 420R with Carbon tillet seats and have just had seat runner fitted to the passenger seat by the dealer.  The car has lowered floors.  For some reason I can only move the seat forward one notch from the fully rear position.  Has anyone else had these fitted and how far does (should) the seat move.

Colin

I had this problem on the driver's side, it was the bolts that hold the runners to the floor hitting the bolts holding the runners to the seat. I ended up cutting the bolts that hold the runners to the floor down.

If the bolts are the issue try M8 allen cap head bolts.

When I fitted the lower drivers floor in mine I had to bend the adjusting arm so it went through the hole in the extra brace plate that is riveted between the floor and the chassis cross member. Could be the arm hitting the plate??

You would have thought it would have been tested for full movement?

Problem now sorted.  I removed the bolts and I could see a shiny bruise on one of the bolt ends where it had been hitting the cap head bolts holding the seat to the runners.  I put an extra washer under the countersunk bolt/washer on all 4 bolts and the seat ran backwards and forwards perfectly ok.  Took all the bolts out and ground/filed 2mm off the bottom of each bolt. Tested clearance using washer to simulate ali floor, once sure okay reassembled.  Seat ran ok.  I bent the arm to ensure it passed below the cross-member.  Removed each bolt one by one and loctited it and replaced.  All now fine fill movement attained.

They said it was ok, but I cannot believe they tested once the bolts were all loctited in place.  I have had words.

Colin