Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Live axle rear shock mount polyurethane bush

patricklaw7

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can source a rear shock mount polyurethane bush for a live axle Seven? The damper shaft diameter is 7/8" (~11mm). Superflex has one that is almost a perfect fit except the ID of the bush is 12mm which gives a bit of free play (they used to make one with the same part number but the ID was 11mm).

Thanks,

Patrick

I have a hazy recollection of a previous Blatchat discussion on the subject of replacing the standard bushes with polyurethane ones.

It was of interest to me at the time because I was becoming a bit tired of having to regularly replace the A frame bushes! 

As I recall the discussion was ultimately inconclusive. Some members had changed to polyurethane & had no problems, but there was also a popular view that having a softer bush in that position was an important aspect of the rear suspension design & replacing it with a harder bush could potentially cause the A frame itself to break. The bush is effectively a sacrificial part, the suspension equivalent of a fuse.

Having pondered the various views expressed, I decided not to risk a potential breakage & stick with the standard bush, as the bushes are very cheap & quick & easy to replace.

It's a view that's worth bearing in mind anyway, whatever course of action you decide to take.